[TriLUG] Time Warner Wideband/Docsis 3.0

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Thu Mar 31 14:22:33 EDT 2011

> Ahhh, SignatureHome, a fresh marketing idea, on the same crappy service
> and a two year contract thrown in for your convenience.

I don't know about everyone else, but I am becoming of the opinion that
contracts are only required when the service isn't worth the price and
they know it, but you won't until after you buy it.  If the service is
good, people will buy it.  If they can't afford it, then the contract
probably won't help because they won't pay the bill, irregardless.  Just
like with cell phone service, I have had t-mobile for about 3 - 3.5 years
and have zero complaints.  A contract isn't necessary to keep my business.
 Now I am just waiting to see if they get swallowed by AT&T.

Speaking of TWC, I have been hearing on NPR/WUNC the last few days that
the legislation we were discussing a few weeks ago passed the house.
Normally, NPR takes a fairly neutral position, but they have been pretty
outspoken against the bill.

If TWC is wanting contracts too, then they must really be afraid of
something.