[TriLUG] OT: ATT UVerse internet access

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Thu Mar 31 15:28:51 EDT 2011

On 3/31/2011 2:51 PM, bak wrote:
> No, you totally nailed it. But I believe the situation Chris describes
> is not "I'm running my own," but that he has to contact his company's
> mail server, located Across the Internet, and is unable to talk to their
> SMTP port because of AT&T's bonehead port filtering.

That is a correct understanding of the problem I tried to describe.

Though I am also running my own mail server at home, currently still on the
TWC/RR connection which does not block port 25 outgoing. However, many mail
servers will not accept mail from the IPs that are identified as ISP-issue
dynamic IPs, so I have to relay my mail through TWC's mail server  :(
That won't change when I switch the server over to UVerse.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services