[TriLUG] GoDaddy

William Chandler wcchandler at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 09:48:06 EDT 2011

Not that this was a question about which registrar should we use but I'll
throw in my two cents.

I used nearlyfreespeech.net for a couple registrations.  They sold me with
their beliefs.  They won't offer a $2 discount on a domain registration then
mark up the price for hosting to comp the loss.  They're very open about
their pricing structure.

https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/services/domains

I have also used GoDaddy a number of times.  I ended up calling my credit
card company and blocking them from charging me.  Their interface was overly
complicated and their phone support required 3 separate numbers to cancel a
service.  It wasn't worth my time to figure it out.  (And I hate saying
that)

- W