[TriLUG] Want to Participate in World IPv6 Day?

Jonathan Woodbury jpwoodbu at mybox.org
Mon Apr 4 00:04:11 EDT 2011

For those looking for a short read that quickly can get you up to speed on
IPv6 and how to start using it today, I'd like to share this write up,
largely written by Richie Woodbury but with a few other contributors.

http://hrivnapedia.org/wiki/index.php/IPv6

On 3/31/2011 9:13 AM, matt at noway2.thruhere.net wrote:
> didn't happen.  I am also no closer to truly understanding IPv6 and what
> it means for me and my private and public networks.
>
> I would like to understand what I need to do to convert to IPv6 on my LAN
> and verify that everything works.  I want to know what kind of costs I am
>
> I am also not certain how I feel about eliminating NAT.  I don't want
> every device on my network to be directly available and I like having non
> routing address spaces to use. I like having that extra security barrier
> of a public gateway to my network and it seems like part of what IPv6
> wants to do is do away with this.
>
> In the mean time, I have some studying to do.

Ditto all of that.

Maybe this would make a good meeting topic?  I might even make it to that
one.