[TriLUG] [trilug] Want to Participate in World IPv6 Day?

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Mon Apr 4 14:12:19 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 01:52:33PM -0400, Kevin Otte wrote:
> Hi folks!  Sorry I'm a little late to the thread.
>
> As the person who gave the August 2010 presentation on IPv6, I am
> delighted to see this lively discussion happening.
>
> Since this is such a timely topic, might there be an interest in a
> reprise of the presentation?  I know we tend to try not to repeat topics
> too close together.
>
> In lieu of a presentation, would a hands-on lab type event be better
> received?  I recall many years ago there were weekend classes that
> followed on some topics that created a buzz. (Mark Turner's Asterisk
> class was largely responsible for getting me addicted :)

Kevin,

I would be very interested in the latter event.  It might also be worthwhile to either have people do a bit of "homework" beforehand and sign up with Hurricane or one of the other providers, or be prepared to do so "on the night."   Of course, we could also talk about a Saturday morning soon, in place of Thursday night, and really do a lab.

Brian