[TriLUG] JOB

Kelly Jenne kjenne at apexsystemsinc.com
Fri Apr 8 10:46:58 EDT 2011

Hello!

We are currently recruiting for a Linux Engineer (Programmer).  It is a Permanent Position.  Please email me if you are interested!

We're looking for a self-starting engineer to drive the processes of our platforms team and take responsibility for bringing our best-of-breed technologies to some of the world's most popular Linux distributions.

Responsibilities:

Your responsibilities will include importing multiple OS platforms and placing them under Conary management. This will include bootstrapping our Conary toolchain on new platforms, handling dependency issues discovered during the import process by Conary's advanced dependency analysis, importing updates and errata to those OS platforms, and participating in maintaining code that automates the initial import and update process.

To accomplish these tasks, you will need strong Linux skills with experience with multiple Linux distributions. There are multiple ways to demonstrate those skills. You might participate in building Linux distributions as a developer (community member or vendor representative). You might be an advanced system administrator in an environment that is heavily based on building from source and packaging, especially if you also participate in Linux distribution beta programs. You may have demonstrated these skills through building devops practices in your organization.

Still interested? We are looking for the following:

Requirements:

·

Masters degree or equivalent experience

·

5+ years scripting and/or programming experience (preferably python)

·

5+ years significant system administration experience

·

Experience creating RPMs, managing them, understanding their deps, etc.

·

Python experience

Nice to Have’s:

·

Experience with dpkg and/or creating debs

·

Experience building and maintaining a Linux distribution

Thank you!

Kelly Jenne

Kelly Jenne

Senior Professional Recruiter

APEX Systems, Inc.
5430 Wade Park Blvd., Suite 302

Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

919-836-1234

Toll Free: 800-552-5090

Fax: 919-882-8589

kjenne at apexsystemsinc.com

www.apexsystemsinc.com

Apex Systems Inc-Raleigh

Please visit my Relay for Life page for information on Apex's philanthropy, the American Cancer Society.

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/kellyjenne