[TriLUG] TWC in RTP - 30/5 for $54.95/mo

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Wed Apr 13 11:15:00 EDT 2011

It's not so much "capped" as just incapable. The CPU on the WRT54G line
is a 180-200MHz MIPS on a Broadcom board. I had gkrellmd running on a
WRT54GS (using OpenWRT) watching as I would pass traffic through. Heavy
downloads would get the CPU up around 60-70%. This was on a 7Mbps down
TWC cable connection.

I just upgraded to a 680MHz MIPS on an Atheros board (Netgear WNDR3700)
and I can't get the thing to go above 2% even when hitting it with
everything I've got.