[TriLUG] Custom PC suppliers

William Chandler wcchandler at gmail.com
Thu May 5 14:48:27 EDT 2011

I recommend IBM for servers simply because I work there and it puts food on
my table.  But they're usually outside people's budgets, in which case I
recommend DIY.  It's not any different from a PC, really.  Same components,
just different shapes and stuff.  Supermicro is usually pretty decent.

Also, I think we have a handful of IBMers in the group and we may be able to
help you on the IRC channel if you ever run into problems...  Like Cristobal
and his EFI problem.  I couldn't help him entirely but I did my best with
what little I knew.