[TriLUG] IPv6 workshop this Saturday

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Sat May 7 20:07:33 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 07, 2011 at 12:42:29PM -0400, Chris Knowles wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> Wanted to thank you for the excellent primer on working with IPv6.
>
> Also, a mention to splatspace for allowing us to meet there, and because my
> stomach is clamoring for attention, Lenore for providing most excellent
> cookies.

Just to reverse the order, I must also thank Lenore for the wonderful brownies.  I didn't get a chance to try the cookies.

Splatspace was a good venue for this workshop, having all of the necessary facilities.

Again, like the others, Kevin, you helped me become more comfortable with the practical application of my knowledge.

I was going to ask this privately, but I suspect that others may run into this, too.

OK, once I got back to the home base, I started re-checking my configuration, and completing things that seemed to be missing.

I now have addresses showing up in my LAN, correctly, and also getting at least some DNS resolving.  ( I am not sure whether it is happening from resolve.conf or BIND. )

However, I don't see default routes on any of the Linux machines, even though they are definitely getting the advertised previx from rtadvd.

Where should the default route be coming from?

Thanks,
Brian