[TriLUG] Survey (was: TriLUG Digest, Vol 1314, Issue 1)

Joel James Adamson adamsonj at email.unc.edu
Mon May 9 09:39:07 EDT 2011

Michael Rulison <13miketele at bellsouth.net> writes:

> On 05/03/2011 12:00 PM, trilug-request at trilug.org wrote:
>> Send TriLUG mailing ...
>> Today's Topics:
>>
>>    1. Re: survey (Alan Porter)...
> OK. Thanks for nudge.
> I did the survey. Nicely laid out. Useful prefatory statements here and
> there.
> Had to look up your use of  'grue.'
>
> Here is your trivia for the day:
>
> pedigree derives from pied de grue, French for 'foot of the crane'
> (bird), which is what some of the charts look like.

I want to tell everybody involved that the survey was a lot of fun to do
and actually quite informative.  There were a lot of member benefits
that I was unaware of (like shell access).

My favorite question was the "level of enthusiasm."  I don't have a Tux
or GNU tattoo, but I did dress my son as Beastie for Halloween when he
was 2[1] ;)  His choice believe it or not!

Joel

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.unc.edu/~adamsonj/software/beastie-howto.xhtml

--
Joel J. Adamson
Servedio Lab -- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill