[TriLUG] IPv6 workshop this Saturday

Greg Cox glcox at pobox.com
Sat May 14 18:18:26 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:
> Wow. I can now connect to a glorious 2^128 machines on the internet, rather
> than the measley 2^32 that everyone else is limited to.

Yeah, except we're dishing out 2^64 blocks to every one and using
maybe 2^2 per subnet.  Seems like we never learn about management
of scarce resources.

I've given up on my foray into v6.  ssh, slapd, Apache, and BIND were
sane (hell, ssh and apache were an outright DREAM to convert), but when
I hit the combined failure of (NFSv3|autofs|mysql|cfengine|nrpe),
I've got to shove it back into the oven and see if it gets better in
another year or three.