[TriLUG] Call and urge Perdue to veto H.129 or it becomes law tonight!

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Fri May 20 18:26:36 EDT 2011

On May 20, 2011, at 12:26 PM, Christopher Blackmon wrote:

> There's generally no or very little competition with high speed internet access,
> either.

Christopher, I don't know how things are where you live, but I live in Raleigh and I have a few different (wired) high speed internet vendors to pick from and another number of wireless high speed internet options to choose from. I didn't like how my provider was treating me so I switched.

So it's not really true that there is a monopoly, but I will agree that the current legal landscape makes competition damned difficult.

Magnus