[TriLUG] can anyone read a 5.25" floppy disk?

Danielle White Danielle at whitrel.com
Thu Jun 9 16:47:54 EDT 2011

On 06/09/2011 09:35 AM, Brian Henning wrote:
> Just to be a pedant, "full-size" is actually twice the height of your
> typical desktop CD-ROM drive, which is known as "half-height".  The last
> "full-size" drive I encountered was the whopping 30 MB hard drive on my old
> PC-AT.

I remember those only too well.  The last I saw at all, if not properly
"in use," was an old Seagate, I believe, in an academic library in
Pennsylvania. In 2008 it was still being used as a door stop in the
systems office when the aircon wasn't keeping the room cool. It had been
put into that service by yours truly while I worked there a decade earlier.

Danielle
--
Danielle White
Danielle at whitrel.com