[TriLUG] Home DNS

fumiko fumiko at trilug.org
Wed Jun 22 22:06:24 EDT 2011

On 6/22/2011 5:20 PM, Magnus wrote:
> On Jun 22, 2011, at 1:47 PM, fumiko wrote:
>> OK, so I can use my existing dynamic DNS address (or may need to move to ZoneEdit) and point my GoDaddy A Record to the domain name I get from DynDNS or ZoneEdit while my MX Record points to Gmail?
> No A record.
>
> Use a CNAME record.
>
> Keep pointing your MX at Google.
>
> -M
If that's the case, to where do I point the A record?  I mean, say i
have this IP Address from TWC, 174.x.  I have a GoDaddy DNS Manager.
Currently, GoDaddy points to the DNS servers of my hosting company.  I
need to point the MX at Google.  You're saying I should point the CNAME
record at ZoneEdit, right?  If I do that, where does the A Record point?

I really appreciate the help.