[TriLUG] RHEL ntp problem

Dwain Sims dsims at bayleafnc.org
Wed Jun 29 13:23:27 EDT 2011

Heath:

At the risk of making myself look like a complete idiot, I had a similar
problem recently.  I was scratching my head as to why NTP was not working
when I discovered that nothing networking-wise was operating (could not even
ping the router).  Once I attacked the real problem (wrong driver) NTP was
quite happy.  I know there is
little chance that this is your issue, but it was interesting that this was
the first thing that I saw fail after install.

Dwain