[TriLUG] XEN bridging with SLES 11

David Brain dbrain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 09:11:39 EDT 2011

Yes, I was wondering about hvm vs paravirt too.  I've not had the 10G
hardware, but I did see this with 1Gbps Xen Dom0 and Windows HVM
guests, where they only saw their NICs as 100Mbps due to the drivers,
I did not see this on the Linux PV guests.  I never felt the need to
try the paravirt windows drivers (especially in production...) but
presumably that would have resolved the issue.

Note also that snmp (on the guest) can get 'confused' about the data
rate of the interface (paravirt) and report it incorrectly, it may
need to be forced in snmpd.conf.

David.