[TriLUG] OT: Wireless Hotspot weekly rental?

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Sat Jul 16 10:10:04 EDT 2011

On 7/16/2011 9:29 AM, Ron Kelley wrote:
> Slightly OT...
>
> For what its worth, I bought a Nook Color (7" Andriod Tablet) for my son at Barns-N-Nobels for
> $250.  A week later, we "rooted" it by installing CM7 via microSD card.  It was the best thing we
> ever did;  he absolutely loves his tablet.  He has access to the full Andriod MarketPlace and has
> downloaded tons of apps.  Not only is it a very good e-reader, but he can play games, surf the
> web, get a "terminal" window, and even use it for VPN.
>
> Oh, and 1/2 price of the iPad .

I agree 100%. I gave the family a Nook for xmas. Rooted it that day.  When CM7 final release
with Nook support was available, I put it on.  It's like the Nook was designed to be rooted :>
It makes an excellent table. In fact, that's one if the reasons I want a hotspot on vacation.

The droid is a little harder, but I just finished rooting it.  Now onto CM7.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services