[TriLUG] Linux community link building campaign?

Jeremy Davis jeremydavis at jeremydavis.biz
Thu Aug 4 15:53:10 EDT 2011

More quality backlinks to the Linux site would cause Google to send more
traffic to it from search results so certainly more people would discover
it. Some keywords are searched 10 times per month and some 10 million times
per month.

The "google keywords tool" gives you all the statistics for keyword phrases.
The same concept could also help the open source advocate sites raise more
funds from ads. If two websites have the same keywords, Google counts the
backlinks to determine which one wins in the search results.