[TriLUG] hp laptop power problem

John Mitchell john280z at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 09:47:29 EDT 2011

I would go for the bad power jack on the motherboard (first) then a bad
internal power supply.
The pain is either fix requires complete dis-assembly of the LT. The service
manual is available (I own a Pavilion dv4-1220us) if you dig
arround HP's site long enough.
   Is the power brick the original HP one? (I have a Targus unit that they
swear works on my HP but it doesn't). I also have another HP power brick
that requires you to push a button on the brick to make it start charging -
even though the input power LED on the LT is On!
john mitchell