[TriLUG] DNS and DHCP

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Mon Aug 8 21:58:58 EDT 2011

  Hey all,
  Here's what I want to setup at home:

- DNS server. I'd like to setup a caching DNS that I can use that will
be able to lookup systems at home (I have a few) and if it doesn't find
them on my domain (home.linux), it would search for it.

So the idea. Domain home.linux behind my firewall (NAT of course), the
looks in the local domain first then caching DNS server.

I am running Centos 5.6 for my server.

TIA,
Roy

Roy Vestal