[TriLUG] half-height rack?

Steve gigafusion at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 13 04:14:27 EDT 2011

on Thu, 11 Aug 2011 11:03:32 -0400
Brian Blater <brb.lists at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Subject: [TriLUG] Anyone have a spare half-height rack?
> To: TriLUG List <trilug at trilug.org>
>
> I have a full-height 42U rack that I use at home, but I plan to move
> all my equipment into a bonus room closet (will be cheaper to keep the
> small closet cool instead of a big bonus room) and a full-height rack
> will not fit. Just wondering if someone has a spare 22U\half-height
> rack enclosure they would like to get rid of? This is for home
> personal use, so the cheaper the better. And to keep this on topic,
> the rack holds several linux machines.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Brian

Brian,

I have such a rack, 22U, overall height 53 inches, on wheels; perfect for a small closet. Are you proposing to swap your full-height rack for a half-height? I would be amenable to that, but otherwise I would have no place to put my UPS equipment.

Also, I have a truck, some free time, and a sizeable quantity of stainless steel screws for rack mounts.

Regards,
Steve

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called Research, would it?" -- Albert Einstein