[TriLUG] 2012 SouthEast LinuxFest -- Venue

georgia_tech_swagger georgia.tech.swagger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 12:02:54 EDT 2011

We solicited bids from the Raleigh CVB, and received a joint bid from the
RCC and Sheraton.   As a non-profit that charges $0 to attend, price isn't
just our most important deciding factor, it is numbers 1 through 10.   The
Raleigh bid was among the most expensive we received (the 3rd most expensive
to be specific).  We solicited every CVB in the general I-85 corridor,
including:  Raliegh, Greensboro, Spartanburg, Greenville, Atlanta,
Birmingham, as well as a few outliers such as Asheville, Charleston,
Knoxville, and Chattanooga.   If it's not in the final cut, they either had
insufficient space, didn't bid, had pre-existing events, or had a price
point that was not good enough relative to the competition.

 I'm glad we're included in the voting, but why isn't there a Raleigh