[TriLUG] OT: Office space

John Riselvato jdriselvato at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 11:52:02 EDT 2011

>> Do you know about Building 20 at MIT? It was uncomfortable, rather squat,
> and it occupied useful real-estate, but it was especially productive. A
> temporary, wooden structure, put up during WWII, it survived until 1998, and
> housed many research labs. Being able to punch a hole through the wall to
> string a cable or build a longer optical bench, without having to ask anyone
> for permission, tends to make real research much easier. A number of people
> were of the opinion that it should have persisted into eternity.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**Building_20<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Building_20>

Oh wow I haven't heard of this building. Thank you for the read and
informing me about it. Now i am very intrigued in what is in that
time capsule. We have to wait until 2053 to find out... Gezz I'll be 61 when
that happens.
Just imagine building 20 contained so many research labs despite the
odd conditions. Image what the time capsule is hosting.
--
"Its the Othello of programming languages: a minute to learn, a lifetime to
master" - mwn3d (RosettaCode irc)

"A programmer will eventually tell you to use Mac OSX or Linux. If the
programmer likes fonts and typography, they'll tell you to get a Mac OSX
computer. If they like control and have a huge beard, they'll tell you to
install Linux." - Learn Python The Hard Way [free]
eBook<http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/index.html#>