[TriLUG] Redhat is Moving

Jeff The Riffer riffer at vaxer.net
Sun Aug 28 18:34:26 EDT 2011

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011, Michael Peters wrote:
> On 08/26/2011 11:27 AM, Nick Goldwater wrote:
>> Lets change the meeting location... It really does not work for people
>> traveling from Durham/Chapel Hill at all.
> I think people are getting really worked up over a very small distance. I work
> downtown and its only ever taken me 10 minutes at most to get to RH. So it's
> 10 minutes for people coming from the west and 10 minutes less for people
> coming from the east. Is that really enough to move?

FWIW, I checked Google Maps. It's a whole 2.7 miles further for me. Looking
at the route, the difference is mostly just I turn the other way on 440, and
then after I get off 440 have a bit further to go than when going to
Centennial.

So for ANYONE coming from the direction of Durham, the route's the same all
the way until you hit 440. Looks like it's maybe an extra 4 or 5 miles.

#     riffer at vaxer.net - Jeff The Riffer - Drifter... - Homo Postmortemus     #
# Disclaimer: I am not a number, I am a free man, and my thoughts are my own. #
# GCS$ d-- H++ s:++ !g p+ au0 a34 w+ v?(*) C++ UA P? L 3 E---- N++ K- W-- M+ V#
# po--- Y+ t+ 5+ !j R G' tv b+ D++ B--- e+ u--- h--- f+ r+++ n- y+++*         #