[TriLUG] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Sun Aug 28 21:27:43 EDT 2011

At 9:15pm -0400 Sun, 28 Aug 2011, Alan Porter wrote:
>> $ ssh trilug.org
>> $ telnet localhost 25
>
> Our postfix is set up to have much less stringent checking
> on connections to localhost than connections to our external
> IP's.
>
> That's the only reason your mail from mrnobody got through.

:-)  Yes, I got that.  I was wondering what *Mailman* checks.  That is
what I don't know.  I posted the above as an example interaction since
I've been known to confuse other's various discussions of "mail from" in
SMTP and "from" in eml.  (I'm also aware that we're an educational
group, and I know that at least I learn from examples.)

Cheers,

Kevin