[TriLUG] How young is too young for linux-ish training?

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Tue Aug 30 23:16:39 EDT 2011

Paul,

I don't have any children yet, so I cannot give advice on that front, but I
certainly think it's possible. Six-seven is around the age at which I
started learning Basic, and while my programs rarely measured more than 10
lines long, I certainly still remember learning it from my grandfather.

Best of luck!
Igor

P.S.: Almost forgot about this: http://scratch.mit.edu/. I've never used it,
but apparently Scratch was designed to teach grade school kids programming.

P.P.S: Might I also recommend some hardware hacking? I imagine building a
robot would be just about the coolest thing for a 7-year-old.