[TriLUG] mails from list are coming with warning on gmail

Alexey Toptygin alexeyt at freeshell.org
Fri Sep 16 10:12:01 EDT 2011

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011, Tapas Mishra wrote:

> Ok here is the header
> http://pastebin.com/Q5Hut1pD
> this is a header which is from mail which came as  response on the
> Ubuntu users list posted by some one in a thread and there are similar
> headers which are marked via gmail as spam/phishing.
> If you need to see more headers let me know I shall post.

Gmail signed Jared Norris' mail with DKIM when he sent it; the mailing
list modified the headers (and maybe the body too); gmail got the message
from the mailing list, tried to verify the DKIM signature and verification
failed. Since it's modifying messages, the mailing list software on
ubuntu.com should be configured to strip DKIM signature headers, and maybe
to add their own signature.

 			Alexey