[TriLUG] Help setting up wireless router with Time Warner

David Burton ncdave4life at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 00:44:42 EDT 2011

Reginald is correct.

It is an Idiosyncrasy of those cablemodems.  It is unnecessary with DSL
modems.

Those cablemodems (at least the Motorolas), they won't talk to a new device
until you cycle the modem power.  So if you switch from having a direct
connection the PC to having a router (or vice-versa), it won't work until
you cycle the modem power.

(Annoyingly, neither Time-Warner nor the router manufacturers tell you that
in their user manuals.)

Dave