[TriLUG] future of Wake schools

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Thu Oct 13 14:55:51 EDT 2011

OK, I seem to have beaten the "this is off-topic, get the hell off"
stage of this thread, and I think I've only ever (maybe) annoyed this
list with Java-related postings. I promise to stick to Linux for the
next calendar year, but here is my plea.

Folks, if you are in Wake county school board district three please
resist the thought of "Oh, my vote doesn't matter", and vote in the
runoff on November 8th. But in addition if you know somebody in district
three, especially those who may not feel that voting is important,
please chat with them and encourage them to take part in the vote. This
is really, really important for the long term health of this area.
Finally, I invite you to compare the qualifications of the candidates
before you vote and share that information with your friends in district
3 to inform their votes.

-Pete (in district 8)