[TriLUG] Onerous Ocelot

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Oct 14 09:14:09 EDT 2011

>> Or is there a tutorial out there on using the onerous ocelot on a desktop
>> without scratching my eyes out?

So even though Ubuntu has chosen to go with Unity for the desktop,
that does not prevent you from installing other desktops like Gnome,
KDE, or Xfce.  The real kicker for Ubuntu 11.10 is that the default
install doesn't provide an alternative out of the box, you have to
install it yourself.

sudo apt-get install gnome-session-fallback

I have been trying Unity, really I have !  but I think it is time to try KDE.

Bill