[TriLUG] JOB

Kelly Jenne kjenne at apexsystemsinc.com
Wed Oct 19 13:30:23 EDT 2011

Hi!

My name is Kelly Jenne with Apex Systems and I currently have an opportunity for a Traveling Linux Engineer

.  P
lease give me a call at 919-836-1234 or 1-800-552-5090
 if you would be interested
or if you know anyone who is interested it would be greatly appreciated if you forwarded them this opportunity as well!  Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Job Description:

Travel Involved: 60-80%

Education: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent

Category: Consulting and Training

Position Summary
:
The Engineer is responsible for implementing solutions and delivering hands-on training to clients.
Will travel frequently to deliver implementation and training onsite at client locations all over the world.
Will also become a subject-matter expert; responsible for supporting remote Professional Services engagements, architecting solutions, and transferring knowledge to both external and internal users.

A successful Engineer will have a diverse and deep understanding of Enterprise Open Source technologies and the Linux Operating System, including implementation experience. Additionally, is expected to have strong written and verbal communication skills.

Specific knowledge of Systems Management and Automation, as well as experience and expertise with the Microsoft Windows Operating System is a plus.

Primary Responsibilities:

?
Maintain subject-matter expertise with company’s technologies

?
Implement production-ready solutions

?
Deliver hands-on, lab-based training

?
Contribute and maintain training materials

?
Coordinate and manage Professional Services tasks

?
Plan travel and delivery logistics

?
Develop expertise with Enterprise IT industry best practices

?
Interact with senior internal and external personnel

?
Bring innovative ideas, enthusiasm, and energy to the team

? C
onstantly enhance knowledge of tools and apply knowledge to customers’ needs

Qualifications:

?
1+ years working as Consultant, Trainer, or related role

?
Installation and configuration of various Open Source and proprietary solutions on Unix or Linux

?
Knowledge of Linux kernel, building applications from source and general system administration

?
Strong problem solving skills

? P
roject management, time management and project planning

? S
trong written and verbal communication

?
Ability to travel frequently and with limited notice

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Sincerely,

Kelly Jenne

Kelly Jenne

Senior Professional Recruiter

APEX Systems, Inc.
5430 Wade Park Blvd., Suite 302

Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

919-836-1234

Toll Free: 800-552-5090

Fax: 919-882-8589

kjenne at apexsystemsinc.com

www.apexsystemsinc.com

Apex Systems Inc-Raleigh

Please visit my Relay for Life page for information on Apex's philanthropy, the American Cancer Society.

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/kellyjenne