[TriLUG] PXE Questions

Jason Evans jason.s.evans at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:47:18 EDT 2011

So right now, I've got a WDS (Windows Deployment Service) server set up
serving Windows 2008 R2 Sp1 installs and I'd like to add Linux installs to
the mix.  Mostly RHEL 6.2, RHEL 5.7, SLES 10, SLES 11, Ubuntu, and a
Firmware Live CD.

Ideally, I'd install a Linux distro on this box and have it completely serve
all of the operating systems.  What I'd really like is a simple syslinux
menu that when you boot to PXE it asks you what OS you want and then it
serves just the ISO over the network.  Automated installs aren't needed for
any of our installs.

The problem is that most of the documentation online either really old or
missing.  The syslinux/wdslinux website and wiki have been down for 2
months.  I'm looking either for some good ideas on how to proceed.

Thanks.
Jason