[TriLUG] Systems Administrator Job

Bill Farrow bill.farrow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 10:59:08 EDT 2011

The college of Technology and Computer Science at East Carolina University
is currently seeking to hire a Systems Administrator. This is a 12 month
permanent position.

The college has four departments; Engineering, Computer Science,
Technology Systems and Construction Management. We have approximately 2500
students and 150 faculty and staff.

The technical services team, of which this position is a member, is
responsible for supporting the academics and research mission of the
college. We operate 11 labs, a VMware based infrastructure with over 65
ESX hosts and 200+ virtual machines running at any given time. We employ
VMware View and Lab Manager to provide lab environments for students and
faculty. This position will work closely with faculty to prepare VMware
Lab Manager and View based curriculum. We operate a heterogeneous storage
environment with NetApp, EMC, and Tegile based storage. Our servers
environment is based on IBM Blade technology.

This position will need skills in Windows, Linux and Apple desktop and
server administration. It would also be beneficial if the candidate had
some experience with storage administration in a NAS/SAN environment as we
manage our own storage environment. We are responsible for all networking
relevant to our equipment. The central university IT staff administrates
the campus network and we work closely with them to provide the networking
services required to support our college. Experience administering a blade
centric network environment would be beneficial. We are currently
supporting a grant to provide STEM education to remote communities. This
position will help to support the 15 HP ML350 servers and software
required by the grant principal investigator. This position's primary
focus is on our Technology Systems department. TSYS has four academies,
CISCO, VMware, Oracle and Red Hat as well as concentrations in network
security, industrial technology and logistics. A focus on teamwork and a
positive and collegial attitude, at all times, is an absolute requirement.

Anyone interested may respond directly to Joel Sweatte at sweattej at ecu.edu
or 252-328-9439. The position may be applied for at www.ecu.edu, the
position number is 932892.

Joel Sweatte
Director, Information Technology
College of Technology and Computer Science
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC 27858
252-328-9439
SWEATTEJ at ecu.edu