[TriLUG] where to report scam phone call

Len Boyle Len.Boyle at sas.com
Wed Nov 2 16:25:39 EDT 2011

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago, but I do not have caller id.
But if you keep them going they will ask you to point your browser to their web site.
They dropped the phone call when I let them know I was not going to go to their web site.

Being from the old  days of watching the old cop shows where they arrested people for fraud  who lied about services offered. I would think that the cops would be the place to go. But I expect in today's world they would say that folks are on their own.

There are a number of entries for this scam that can be found with google.

I would think that Microsoft would want to go after these folks, but I do not know who in Microsoft handles this. If anyone.