[TriLUG] OT: Laptop Hard Drive

Derek Linz chapelhilllaptopshop at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 21:11:22 EST 2011

Intrex is indeed still a Trilug sponsor! Discount pricing with membership
card!

Also +1 to everything said so far, all very good advice, though I prefer
hddregen to spinrite...even on a badly failing drive, it/they can be
invaluable if applied delicately. Regenerating enough sectors/the right
sectors to be able to see file-system structure instead of raw data can be
the difference between retrieving 20% of random data before the drive
completely fails, and retrieving the 15% you actually care about.

-Derek Linz