[TriLUG] Job opportunity - Data center move to Durham

Craig Isdahl craig at dashsystems.com
Fri Nov 18 10:32:20 EST 2011

All -

This is my first post of this type but hopefully it will be a good fit for
someone on this list and provide a little "bonus" during the holidays.  I am
not involved in the project in any way, simply passing on this information
for Keith.

If you are interested please contact Keith Speer directly at 919.609.5324 or
kspeer at norlinx.com.

They are looking for 2-3 people.

Thanks!
-- Craig

-----

Our customer is looking for someone who has strong knowledge with:
Servers
Storage Units
San Fabrics
Windows Linux  Operating Systems
Window Server 2008

We have a new opportunity in Durham, NC installing equipment in a new data
center. This project will start on Nov 28th -   Dec 9th and will last 10
days straight. Including weekends and some OT during regular business hours.
 My customer is moving a data center from NH to Durham.
 Here are the specifications.
Please let me know if you would have 2 technicians available for this
opportunity.

Technical Move Execution
. Collect and report on move status.
. Coordinate and document current move practices
. Coordinate and priority work being done by   resources
. Setup and recover all lab hosts and SANs
. Assist with Network Plan TCP-IP & GiG-E (assign subnets, network port
configurations.)
. SAN management - complex zone verification, port and ISL troubleshooting
. Host management - OS updates, patches, driver installs, device
connectivity
. Hardware Upgrades, unique HW Configurations
. Documentation Development
. Review business process and provide advice, assistance to mediate all
issues.
. Provide escalation services to troubleshooting host, network, SAN and
Storage related issues
. Assist with any infrastructure Server deployments
. Work with engineering and operations to remediate all technical issues
related to the recovery of the environment.
. Other miscellaneous work

Recover Hardware
. Place, rack & stack hardware
. Inventory verification
. Document , cable and labeling all power and KVM connections
. Document , cable and labeling all network and data connections
. Assist with System, Storage and Fabric - Network connectivity
. Power up and do a system integrity verification and basic hardware
troubleshooting
. Troubleshoot OS, driver, network issues
. Troubleshoot SAN and connectivity issues
. Other miscellaneous work

Our customer will be vetting the technicians via conference call.