[TriLUG] Java and AD Authentication

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at att.net
Mon Nov 28 14:28:10 EST 2011

On 11/28/2011 10:16 AM, Brian McCullough wrote:
> Folks,

> Does anybody know of this integration technique linking Java with, I guess, a web service provided by the AD server, that would just "know" what it needs to know about the current user?  I guess that the Java application is running on the client browser, talking to Tomcat on the web server, and also to the AD server.
>

> Thanks,
> Brian

Hi Brian,

I've only started looking into this recently, because I may have to do
something like what you're describing in an upcoming project.  So I
don't even know enough to be dangerous yet.  However, the person you
spoke with may be talking about SPNEGO.  What little I've read about it
seems relevant.  A couple of links:
http://spnego.sourceforge.net/protected_soap_service.html,
http://spnego.sourceforge.net/api/net/sourceforge/spnego/SpnegoSOAPConnection.html,
http://potaroo.net/ietf/idref/rfc2478/

If you come across anything definitive, please share.

    Scott C.