[TriLUG] Suggestions wanted for Linux laptop

David Burton ncdave4life at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 11:16:22 EST 2011

Paul, you don't need to get the replacement drive from Dell.  Pull the
drive out, and see whether it is SATA or IDE, and then buy either a SATA or
IDE laptop drive from any computer store (CompUSA, Best Buy, Intrex,
NewEgg, Staples, OfficeMax, OfficeDepot, etc.).

Hard drive removal/swap is very simple; here're instructions for your
computer:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1501/en/sm_en/hddrive.htm#wp1123687

Dave