[TriLUG] Wireless Router Recommendations

Steve Pinkham steve.pinkham at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 12:45:24 EST 2011

On 12/08/2011 12:05 PM, Randy Barlow wrote:
> I've been looking to upgrade to a faster wireless switch (still on
> 802.11g). Any recommendations?
>
> Netgear WNDR3700
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122326
> Price: $100
> CPU: 680 MHz
> Flash: 8 MB
> RAM: 64 MB
> Supported: DD-WRT but not OpenWRT

I have this one with OpenWRT. V1 and V2 work great with OpenWRT(though
V2 needs the 10.03.1 rc5 or rc6 version rather than the release version,
but there is a V3 our there that does not work with any version

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netgear/wndr3700

If you can find V1 or V2, it's a great option.

--
 | Steven Pinkham, Security Consultant    |
 | http://www.mavensecurity.com           |