[TriLUG] Suggestions wanted for Linux laptop

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Thu Dec 8 14:23:42 EST 2011

Apple's are nice hardware, and OSX has some niceties that I like.  That
said, I personally wouldn't spend the money on an Apple just to put Linux
on it.

If the existing laptop works, and he still wants to use it, I'd say just
replace the hard drive... it's probably the cheapest thing to do, and his
existing Linux build will Just Work (TM).

On the other hand, I have to second what Randy says about Dells.  I've
known too many people and/or been involved with too many situations where
Dells crapped out due to hardware issues.  If I was going with an PC
laptop (not Apple), I'd get a Sony or a Thinkpad.

William Sutton