[TriLUG] Wireless Router Recommendations

Danielle Danielle at whitrel.com
Thu Dec 8 18:37:05 EST 2011

On 12/08/2011 12:45 PM, Steve Pinkham wrote:
> [Re: WNDR3700]
> I have this one with OpenWRT. V1 and V2 work great with OpenWRT(though
> V2 needs the 10.03.1 rc5 or rc6 version rather than the release version,
> but there is a V3 our there that does not work with any version

Thanks for that! When I setup my WNDR3700 earlier this year the
then-current OpenWRT images had some issues (as listed in the
documentation) with that model so I put DD-WRT on mine and then had to
hack at it a fair amount to get it to do what I wanted. It involved
installing a bunch of packages from OpenWRT for desired functionality,
e.g. webserver, multi-user support, irssi+screen, then add some shell
script glue to get everything to work the way I wanted.  Someday when I
have a bundle of free time I might take another look at putting OpenWRT
on it.

Danielle
Danielle at whitrel.com
http://danielle-white.info/