[TriLUG] OT: online phonebooks

Peter Neilson neilson at windstream.net
Sun Dec 11 06:38:16 EST 2011

In earlier years, the online phonebook services were mostly free. Now it
seems that every single one of them charges a whopping pay-per-find or an
almost-reasonable annual subscription price.

Since we have achieved excellent results here in TRILUG advising ourselves
of equipment and software, perhaps someone can tell me which phonebook
services (such as whitepages.com, phonebook.com, etc.) are worthwhile,
which ones to avoid, and if there are any free ones remaining that are any
good.

I'm particularly interested in these abilities:
  - regular phone book info, especially in NC
  - reverse, possibly including cell phones
  - street address and name
  - cell phone info

If none are really good, then which ones should I especially avoid?