[TriLUG] postfix spam blocking

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Fri Dec 16 15:50:30 EST 2011

On Dec 16, 2011, at 3:40 PM, Chris Merrill <chris at webperformance.com> wrote:

> On 12/16/2011 2:54 PM, Jym Williams Zavada wrote:
>> And as far as I'm aware, there is little or no investment in an overhauled e-mail infrastructure, so
>
> It is possible to interpret this as evidence that email is serving its users well and is
> expected to continue to do so for the forseeable future.

Personally I think the problems/flaws in the email infrustructure are ones that really only impact email admins. And largely email just works for end users, though they get impacted with spam. An example is SPF and DKIM, while good ideas, are easy to implement wrong, and not everyone implements them, so they can be used as a reliable method of domain/system verification. This mostly impacts email admins, with a trickle down effect of increased spam to the end user