[TriLUG] postfix spam blocking

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Fri Dec 16 15:52:06 EST 2011

Kevin, I have two comments on your email concept:

1 - Isn't the header only option built into Exchange systems and the user
can select download only headers or full messages?

2 - pushing the cost onto the sender is one of the concepts considered to
combat spam.  The intent was to make it undesirable to send bulk
unsolicited email and the mechanism was to place a tax on each sent email
such that a normal person or business would never see a charge or one that
was more than a small token, while a spammer would get a massive one.

Snip of original message follows