[TriLUG] IPv6 Networking on CentOS (RHEL)

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Wed Dec 21 16:18:21 EST 2011

Unfortunately I would only be able to offer guesses as to why the
differences exist.

It makes a certain amount of sense, however, that routes only be brought
up on the interfaces for which you know the packets are destined. Even
if the gateway changes, you're still going to be editing that file anyway.