[TriLUG] TriLUG Wireless Router install and hack day

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Thu Dec 22 14:33:30 EST 2011

Hi there,
TriLUG would like to start hosting "hack days", which would be kind of
like an install fest day, where members can meet to share ideas and
skills.  The theme for our first hack day will be on running Linux
(OpenWRT) on Wireless Routers.  This topic keeps re-appearing on the
TriLUG mailing list every few months, so why not get together and help
each other do something fun.

The activities for the day include:
- installing OpenWRT firmware (linux) on peoples routers
- learn some embedded linux skills
- build and customizing OpenWRT packages
- take apart routers to add serial ports and other electronics
- fix bricked and broken routers if we can

Location:
The proposed location is TechShop RDU, which is near Hwy 540 and Hwy
70.  (Email me privately if you have an alternative location you would
like to volunteer.)

Time:
All day. 10am - 5pm

Date:
This hack day would be on a weekend in January 2012, and the Steering
Committee has created a poll to help us find a suitable date when most
people can attend.  If you are interested in attending, please select
which days you can attend using this Doodle Poll...

http://doodle.com/zavxykphtgzafapw

The poll will be close on Tuesday 7th January.

Thanks,
Bill Farrow