[TriLUG] Sat 21st Jan. TriLUG Wireless Router install and hack day

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Tue Jan 10 21:24:39 EST 2012

Igor Partola said the following on 1/10/2012 3:58 PM:
> I recently set up DD-WRT on a pretty beefy router. My main purpose was
> getting an HE tunnel set up directly on the router. There were quite a few
> issues that I ran into:
>
>     - While DD-WRT comes with IPv6 support, setting up an HE tunnel was
>     entirely manual. This is not your grandma's "check the box and put in your
>     password" type of thing.
>     - DD-WRT comes with no ip6tables kernel modules. Took me a while to hunt
>     down the exact source that my router used, download it and re-compile the
>     kernel to get it.

There is a TomatoUSB build that includes IPv6 support.  Took me about 2
hours to get an HE tunnel running on my Asus RT-N16 router.

I've got a Toastman compile of TomatoUSB running: "Tomato Firmware
v1.28.7493 MIPSR2-Toastman-RT K26 USB VPN-NOCAT" currently and it's been
rock solid.  There is a nice GUI setup for the HE Tunnel and no glitches
with it at all so far.

Toastman builds available at
http://www.4shared.com/dir/v1BuINP3/Toastman_Builds.html#dir=120308196

--[Lance]

--
  GPG Fingerprint: 409B A409 A38D 92BF 15D9 6EEE 9A82 F2AC 69AC 07B9
  CACert.org Assurer