[TriLUG] [OT] disk wiping software

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 14:05:04 EST 2012

We have several servers and storage enclosures that we no longer use and I was going to try to sell them.  These disks have health information on them and must be wiped before I get rid of them.  I would like some recommendations of disk wiping software that could do this.  I do not mind paying for this if the product is really good.  I would prefer something bootable to be able to wipe the OS and all data on the drives.

Also, if anyone is interested, we will be selling these servers after I wipe the drives.  There are probably about 10 HP DL380 G3-G5, some DL360s and some MSA 20 disk enclosures.
Chris