[TriLUG] CSS question

Justis Peters justis.peters at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 16:44:34 EST 2012

On 01/24/2012 03:25 PM, Brian McCullough wrote:
>> You may need to post a link to the page so we can take a  look at it and the CSS.
> Unfortunately, this is an internal corporate site, with no access to the outside world.
In resolving issues like this, it could be helpful to isolate the
problem in a concise snippet using a service like http://jsfiddle.net/

That will allow others to create variants of your code as suggested
solutions. It also gives you a unique URL for each revision, and you can
then compare them quickly in different browsers. The focus of the site
is on javascript and DHTML features, but it should probably work for CSS
issues, too.

I've also found that the exercise of distilling the code into a concise
snippet can reveal the solution before I bother anyone else with it.
Sometimes the problem isn't even from the part of your technology stack
where you thought it was and you'll notice that once you've isolated it
from the actual cause.

Kind regards,
Justis