[TriLUG] Updates installed, system won't boot now

Brian Blater brb.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:45:37 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Alexey Toptygin <alexeyt at freeshell.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2012, Brian Blater wrote

> Not in front of an ubuntu system ATM, so I can't check, but are you sure you
> have a vmlinuz file/symlink? Have you tried using the full name
> (vmlinuz-2.6.whatever-blah)?
>
>                        Alexey

Ok, so I thought I would give your idea a try. What I found is weird.

At the grub> prompt:
set root=(hd0,5)
ls
* This shows me (hd0) (hd0,msdos9) (hd0,msdos8) (hd0,msdos7)
(hd0,msdos6) (hd0,msdos5) (hd0,msdos1)

I've never seen that before, but at least I'm getting something new as
I was not able to do an ls from the grub> prompt previously.